Why choose the Injury Rehab Centre?
DON’T ASK US, ask some of the 3000 therapists and trainers including other Physiotherapists and Osteopaths worldwide what they think of our OWN MOVEMENT assessment tool and our courses.
The Injury Rehab Centre is committed to providing the best Physiotherapy and Osteopathy services in the Cheltenham, Moorabbin, Mentone, Highett, Hampton, Black Rock, Beaumaris and Heatherton suburbs.
Money Back Guarantee
You can feel confident that we will do our best to help you FEEL BETTER, MOVE BETTER and PERFORM BETTER. If you are unsatisfied that we haven’t done our best to provide this service, we offer you a guarantee of 100% of your money back. * That’s how confident we are in our care and approach at The Injury Rehab Centre!
Advanced Assessment Technology
We are the ONLY clinic in Australia to use the ELITE-LEVEL movement assessment technology to get to the CAUSE OF YOUR PROBLEM. We know because we INVENTED MOST OF IT.
- Our own MAT (Movement Assessment Tool), a unique assessment technology designed by us at the Injury Rehab Centre to laser target deficiencies and discrepancies in flexibility, balance and movement efficiency that can contribute to your pain.
- STRENGTH TESTING in our purpose built rehabilitation gym to determine weaknesses that decrease your capacity to tolerate stresses that can be the cause of your injury.
- FORCE PLATE TECHNOLOGY to put a number on power output and determine the ability to return to sport without re-injury.
- SLOW MOTION VIDEO ANALYSIS used to assess bad habits in movement such as those seen in running technique, golf swing mechanics, and complicated lifting movements that could have caused or be stopping you from recovering from your injury.
- DORSAVI: advanced sensor technology to determine the small movement problems that may be contributing to your condition.
We DO NOT just TREAT THE SYMPTOMS like many other therapists and we definitely DO NOT:
- Crack your back into place – because it doesn’t GO OUT! – However, we may use spinal manipulation as part of your management process.
- Think your ‘pelvis is out’ – unless you are heading for a night on the town and Shakira is playing (for those under 20 see cultural reference here).
- Break up scar tissue and ‘tight’ muscles with massage – If it were that easy to break then our glutes would disintegrate every time we sat down on them! That doesn’t mean we don’t use massage as part of our plan to help you feel better.
- Fix your leg length discrepancies – because unless it’s >2cm who cares as it DOESN’T MATTER
- Tell you to stop and rest – This is often THE WORST thing you can do with an injury and WE ALWAYS aim to keep you moving
- X-ray you and expose you to unnecessary radiation before we do anything – X-rays are not often indicated for most conditions
- Think the SCOLIOSIS someone told you that you have is the reason for your pain – it rarely is!
- Believe that you NEED orthotics because you have FLAT FEET – often orthotics are a last resort when all other exercise management fails.
- Recommend stopping going to the gym when injured – conversely, it will often be the way to fix your problem!
- Blame your parents bad back for yours – it’s probably not their fault so stop blaming them.
- Use a tens, ultrasound or any other ancient torture looking machine – these are gathering dust in most clinics for a reason. If they’re not covered in dust then there’s dust gathering in the persons head on the other end of them.
- Ice every injury – it can actually make things take LONGER to heal
- Believe subluxations occur – your Chiropractor if they’re a good one doesn’t either
- Think squats or the way you’re doing them are bad for your knees – actually they’re often beneficial for knee problems and let’s be honest you’re doing them all day everyday – eg. Sitting to a chair or the toilet, getting out of your car….
- Believe your “BAD POSTURE” is the root of all evil – We don’t think posture is ‘BAD’ at all. Just get up and move more often and stop spending so much time in one place!
If you’ve had someone say these things to you before, most likely you have some false beliefs that may be negatively impacting your condition. Make an appointment with us to help you understand WHAT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING with your body.
Same Day Appointments
Don’t wait to get on the road to recovery. Same day appointments may be available. Book your appointment online now or call the clinic on 95537024.
Free Phone Consultation
We’re committed at the Injury Rehab Centre to providing the best Physiotherapy and Osteopathy services in the Cheltenham, Moorabbin, Mentone, Highett, Hampton, Black Rock, Beaumaris and Heatherton suburbs.
Feel free to click here to book a FREE Phone Consultation with one of our Physiotherapists or Osteopaths so they can advise you on the best course of action for your current condition.